PURE PRINT – CLASSICAL PRINTMAKING IN CONTEMPORARY ART
WORKSHOPS + EXHIBITION + DEMOS + TALKS + CONFERENCE | 16.09.2013 – 31.12.2013
FACULTY OF FINE ARTS, UNIVERSITY OF PORTO
Classical Printmaking in Contemporary Art – International Meeting will happen between the 16th September and the 31st December 2013 and it will be developed throughout workshops, demos and exhibitions presented by professional artists engaged in printmaking, glass and ceramics.
This event will be characterized by singular research in printmaking including:
1. Series of workshops distributed and thematically organized along four months, resulting from the invitation of prestigious artists familiar to the field. | The registrations are open.
2. Main Exhibition (25th November to 26th December 2013) gathering the works of the invited artists, confronting the relations between the classical printmaking techniques and the various experimental contemporary contexts of the current practices.
3. Free access to technical Demos that will occur in different spaces based in the current practices of the invited artists, trying to replicate their work environment.
4. Small Talks that will accompany workshops, demos and individual exhibitions, crossing printmaking techniques and disciplines.
5. Conference to be scheduled in 2014 and organized in thematic panels, presenting abstracts/papers and experimental projects/demos of short term.